For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and UK data protection laws, the controller is Sawbridgeworth Lawn Tennis Club (the “Venue”) of Springhall Road, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
· Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, when you provide information via the Venue’s club management software or court booking system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons or participate in club teams);
· From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member or your tennis coach who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose);
· From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Venue).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
· Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
· Financial information, including Direct Debit details;
· Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Venue facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a Venue social event or a course/camp.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
· Administration of your Venue membership, including:
o informing you about court / facilities opening hours;
o taking payment of membership fees;
· Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
· Administration of the Wimbledon ballot;
where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership) with you;
· Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis in our Venue;
· Communication about our Venue activities that we think may be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing use of our Venue’s facilities and participation in the game generally);
· Promoting our Venue and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses, and organisers of tennis events) where we think this will be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of our Venue. Examples of these essential service communications are:
· Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable).
· Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting Neil Munro, Treasurer and Acting Membership Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
· Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled.
· Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, any provider of and membership management services.
· Team captains, the Wimbledon draw administrator and others responsible for organising events within the Venue.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Venue membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
· by email: email@example.com; or
· by telephone: 07900 056678;
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.